I’m a marketing and lifestyle blogger, a sucker for sexy domains (though not quite a domainer), business brewer, social media butterfly, lover of sky high stilletos, and a latin ballroom dancer.
I’ve been in all things online and social media before it was cool: online marketing since 2001, blogging since 2002, connecting on Linkedin since 2003, facebooking since 2005 (after abandoning friendster and myspace), tweeting about online retail and ecommerce, online marketing, business, lifestyle, dancing and food since 2007. So I guess that makes me an online veteran.
Now, I’m a content curator scouring the world, my networks and the Internet to discover and present cool people, great ideas and fun businesses.
I’m also brewing:
- Passive Income Project – features stories and interviews of ordinary people living extraordinary lives, pursuing their dreams and living life after quitting from the rat race and the 9-5 grind.
- My Girlfriends – a unique platform to ask questions, share advice and get the collective wisdom of women around the world on issues most women care about, one problem at a time. All within 24 hours.
- Woman.com.au – brings people, places and happenings in one place to get women moving, meeting, creating and living kickass lives.
I’m chief strategist at Digital Marketing House helping start-ups and savvy online entrepreneurs launch their business, idea or project.
During my time in corporate, I did some pretty amazing things:
- Group Marketing Manager for publicly listed internet company Melbourne IT Limited
- Marketing & Media Advisor at boutique communications consultancy Media Manoeuvres
- Corporate business development for a fantastic call centre business
- Interesting stints in international student recruitment and projects for a major Queensland university
Yes, I have a degree – three in fact but who’s counting? I have a double degree in international business and law, completed postgraduate studies in communication, and because I’m the curious type, I also went to ADMA to learn some more.
I wouldn’t say I’m famous but I’ve been featured in:
- ANZ Inspired magazine – a story about successful women who change direction or leave corporate life for more fulfilling ventures.
- Marketing magazine – profiled in the magazine’s career highlights section during my time as group marketing manager for a publicly listed company
I’ve also been lucky enough to have my work featured in popular business publications:
- Anthill Magazine – an opinionist on digital marketing trends. Check out some of my articles:
- Dynamic Business – an expert columnist and contributor on digital marketing for small business. Read my articles
- Australian Retailer – a featured contributor on m-commerce for the retail industry. Read my article
- My Business – regular contributor on digital marketing
Public speaking gigs make me squirm but when I know what I’m talking about, I’m not too bad.
- Panel speaker at Food Service Australia Expo in June 2011 on “getting the right marketing mix” for the food service industry.
- Guest speaker at the Australian Retail Association “Engage in e-Tail” seminar series in April 2011
- Guest speaker at the Brisbane City Council Multicultural Women in Business Conference in 2009
We all have passions, right? Mine is dancing. In between all these things that keep me busy, I compete in dancesport – ballroom latin. I even won the Australian Dancesport Championship in 2010 in my category.
Would love to get to know you. Why not introduce yourself with links to your website or blog in the comments section below?