As I write this post, we’re approaching week 10 since the launch of Woman.com.au on New Year’s Day. And it has been crazy!
Since my last post on Launching Woman.com.au, we have made some giant leaps. The Agenda, the Woman.com.au calendar of events, now lists some incredible happenings right across Australia. It’s all thanks to our wonderful Ambassadors and readers who have been tipping us off. Check it out here.
Woman.com.au Ambassador Program
The Woman.com.au Ambassador program is now thirteen women strong in Australia. You’ll get to know them over the next four to six weeks as we start to publish their latest event finds and interviews with influential women.
Melbourne ambassador Kerry-Ann Bartle was first off the block. She has been kept busy attending and reviewing handpicked events like GO Festival, Engaging Men in the Gender Debate by the American Chamber of Commerce, and Women in Focus Business Outlook Breakfast by Commbank. These events were selected because they provide insights, inspiration and a platform to make genuine connections and conversations with change-makers. Brisbane Ambassador Tanya Williams kicked goals in Queensland scoring an interview with Baked Relief founder Danielle Crismani. Back in Melbourne, our local ambassador Leona D’Vaz rubbed shoulders with innovative folks and rediscovered awesome with Inventium founder Dr Amantha Imber at the BRW Most Innovative Companies List Event. More fantastic events to come. I promise.
Become a Woman.com.au Ambassador
We are still on the lookout for an army of women who are dynamic, well-connected, business and tech-savvy, social media lovers and want to be part of a movement to get women moving, meeting and make things happen. If you want to join us, apply for the Woman.com.au Ambassador Program.
Woman of Influence
We have interviewed an exciting mix of women who are following their dreams and making things happen.
- Lady Melbourne shared her journey to blog stardom in the fashion business
- Not Quite Nigella spoke about her globe-trotting adventures as food blogger
- Caro & Co taught us how to keep kids connected with nature (and out of mischief)
- Mrs Woog shared the wonderful world of the Woogettes in which she reigns supreme
- Jen Bishop from Interiors Addict talked about how she switched from magazine publishing to blogging and finally living her dreams
- Author and entrepreneur Valerie Khoo inspired us not only with her business-savvy and obvious intellect but more so with her generosity and passion for helping others
- Managing director of Spotify Aust & New Zealand, Kate Vale (pictured), shared what she’s learnt so far
- Suitcase Entrepreneur Natalie Sisson challenged us with the idea of location independence – truly living a life of adventure around the world while making a living doing what you love, anytime anywhere
Check out all our interviews with influential women.
We recently launched #itweetyou campaign to help promote women who are making things happen for themselves and those around them. If you have a business, website or blog that’s keeping your passions alive, we’ll tweet about it and promote you on Facebook. Find out more about #itweetyou now.